Eros vs. Seduction

denti alligator · 3844

Offline denti alligator

on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:07 AM
Alright, sell me on getting the Eros over the Seduction.

You can see what my system is (in the signature below). What am I going to get our of the Eros in my system as opposed to the Seduction (even with upgrade)?

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline debk

Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 02:55:32 AM
I upgraded from the Seduction to the Eros.  A very worthwhile upgrade.  I felt that it greatly improved detail  and a more 3d soundstage.  I am very glad I updated

Debra

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
BeePre2, Psvane ACME 300b
Kaiju, Linlai Elite  300b
Monamour 2a3 amps various tubes
Sota Sapphire, Pete Riggle Woody Tonearm, Kiseki Purpleheart Cartridge
Rega P6 Ania Pro cartridge
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

Offline Prairie Dog

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:28:40 AM
I agree with Debra.   I ran the upgraded Seduction for about 3 years and was happy with it.  I'm running a 2.5 mv MC cartridge, bass was a little thin with the seduction...not so with the Eros:  WAY more body, more articulate, better separation of instruments / voices.  Huge improvement in resolution, soundstage, etc.  I haven't regretted it for a second. 

-Trevor

Offline Grainger49

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:32:21 AM
I just ordered an Eros two days ago.  If you go to the Eros product page you will see a mini-review I did when Paul loaned me his for a 4 day weekend.  

Offline xcortes

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 07:42:16 AM
Good For you Grainger!

Xavier Cortes

Offline Paully

Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 08:47:42 AM
I obviously like mine.  I have said before I could easily have lived with my Seduction.  Still could, that is one killer amp for the money.  But the noise floor is lower with the Eros, actually I could just list all the cliches.  I just like it better.  It was worth the money to me.