tired

John Roman · 1604

Offline John Roman

on: September 20, 2012, 07:29:21 AM
You know you're tired when you repeatedly try an use the buss wire as solder...... why won't this s--t melt?????? :'(
John

Regards,
John
Extended Foreplay 3 / 300B Paramount's / BassZilla open baffle/ Music Streamer 2 / Lenovo Y560-Win7-JRMC & JPlay

4krow

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:47:29 AM
I thought it was only me. "Wow, this silver solder sure is stiff." Or, I join the Lumosity 'brain enhancement' site only to find that not only I am WAY loooow in the 55-59 age group, but there may be no help for me anyway. Stupid Lumosity guys...

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 08:58:21 AM
We do that one around here all the time. I think it's a sign that it's time to straighten up the work bench a bit. That makes me think of a safety thing that people should remember - if you are soldering on, and then switching on a circuit to test it make sure your solder is spooled up and not trailing over you work where it might hit a live terminal. I have to check myself on that one every once in a while.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 11:54:19 AM
And if you hold the "solder" too close to the work piece, the burning sensation in your gripping fingers may be another clue :-).

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)