Binding post size

rockdrummer · 1417

Offline rockdrummer

on: November 20, 2012, 07:30:52 PM
Hi all!  New guy here.  I'm guilty of lurking for a while, and have been a member on GR Research's forum.  I will be ordering a stereo amp from bottlehead in the next few months, and I am wondering what size binding posts are used on them.  I have some cables with 1/4 inch vampire wire spades and I was wondering if they will fit.

And if not, is it okay to change them to a size that will fit?  If not, then I will get different spades before I order a kit.

Thanks in advance. 
Much appreciated.

Ben Young

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:11:01 PM
Hello Ben,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not 100% sure on the size of the posts themselves, but I think they are 6mm in diameter, which would be OK for 1/4" spades.  If the don't work, the holes in the chassis plate are 0.5" on 0.75" centers, so there are lots of choices for different binding posts out there.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 05:39:10 AM
Welcome Ben!

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 09:26:19 AM
Hi Ben, and welcome!

I know that 1/4" spades work with the vampire binding posts -- the gold plated brass and the gold plated copper ones, which also fit the bottlehead amps perfectly.

HTH,

Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)