Holiday Open House at Bottleheadquarters, Saturday, December 7, 3-6 p.m.

Doc B. · 2574

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
We have decided to hold a little soiree here at BHQ on Saturday, December 7th from 3-6p.m. We will be focusing on two specific items. One will be the new Bottlehead DAC prototype. We will run that for most of the open house so everyone can have a listen, and we will also fit in a sneak preview of the upcoming Tape Project TP-024, Nat King Cole Sings and George Shearing Plays, demo'd on our Bottlehead Nagra T-Audio with Tube Repro.

We'll have a bit of nosh and some liquid refreshment, and you are most welcome to bring your favorite adult beverage as well. We're located at 9415 Coppertop Loop NE, Suite 101, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. We're at the opposite end of the building from Bainbridge Island Brewing Co.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline debk

Why do you have to be on the opposite side of the country?
Very tempting

Debra

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
BeePre2, Psvane ACME 300b
Kaiju, Linlai Elite  300b
Monamour 2a3 amps various tubes
Sota Sapphire, Pete Riggle Woody Tonearm, Kiseki Purpleheart Cartridge
Rega P6 Ania Pro cartridge
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
You would be most welcome!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline 2wo

• Test
A date that will live in infamy.

Wish I could come but I have a bad case of East coast-ides...John 

John S.

Offline debk

You would be most welcome!

Thanks Doc!  I am too busy in the office to make it with so little notice
Maybe next time

Debra

Debra K

Eros 2Phono amp
BeePre2, Psvane ACME 300b
Kaiju, Linlai Elite  300b
Monamour 2a3 amps various tubes
Sota Sapphire, Pete Riggle Woody Tonearm, Kiseki Purpleheart Cartridge
Rega P6 Ania Pro cartridge
Roon Nucleus
MHDT Labs Orchid DAC
Jager speakers

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
I should mention that we will have several Tape Project albums available for purchase at the open house tomorrow -

TP-003 Malcolm Arnold/LSO Conducts Malcom Arnold
TP-004 Robert Cray False Accusations
TP-007 Eiji Oue/Minnesota Orchestra Exotic Dances from the Opera
TP-009 Mose Allison Creek Bank
TP-011 Linda Ronstadt Heart Like a Wheel
TP-012 Staple Singers Be Altitude/Respect Yourself

There are just a few of each available and the dupers are currently into production of new releases. So this may be the only opportunity for some time in which to acquire some of our earlier releases.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline JamieMcC

Bottlehead HQ is 4730 miles away according to Google maps, which by the way refused to give me directions! ;D

It would have been great to meet some of you guys after learning about your company and projects online. I hope as no doubt many others do that are unable to attend that we will be able to read some feed back from Saturday's soiree a little bit later here on your form.

I hope the evening is a great success for all those who can make it

Jamie
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:45:39 AM by JamieMcC »

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline Grainger49

Bottlehead HQ is 4730 miles away according to Google maps, which by the way refused to give me directions! ;D    .  .  .  .

Since you can't drive there, no road across the pond, it couldn't find the route. 

Go Figure!  There just isn't a tongue in cheek smiley face.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Google used to give directions from Paris to NYC as "swim [some number] miles."

They're getting less fun with age...

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Clark B.

• Enjoying Single Drivers & SET's since 2006
    • Blumenstein Audio
Dang, we really wish we could have made it to this but we missed the somewhat rare ferry from Vashon and are totally worn out from working super hard in the shop this week.  Also, some unconventional commuting in this weather several times this week has gotten us just wiped.  If we could stand, we would have taken a later ferry, but we've just gotta rest and recoup to keep from getting sick from exposure prettymuch :(  However I'm looking forward to hearing the new Dac later this week with some prototype speakers.  Should be fun! 

I'm sure everyone had a great time here tonight because of Dan, Eileen, and the entire Bottlehead crew's wonderful hospitality!

Cheers,

Clark

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
The DAC is pretty d@#$ impressive. I had not heard the latest version before today.

There were only a few of us - the cold seems to have pushed our nesting buttons.

Paul Joppa

Offline Natural Sound

The DAC is pretty d@#$ impressive. I had not heard the latest version before today.

There were only a few of us - the cold seems to have pushed our nesting buttons.

Coming from a guy that hates digital sources that's saying something.

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Wish I could have been there as well but I'm being a hermit this year trying to stay healthy for an upcoming surgery in January, which just may give me the energy to make a pilgrimage to BHQ sometime next year. BTW, nothingg huge, just a pacemaker.

Deb, if you can make it to  one of these, I will try to make the same event -- would really like to meet you in person, and that goes for a lot of others who I have had ongoing offline conversations with -- you're a great group!

PJ -- very encouraging hope some more will chime in on the dac.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
We did indeed have a fairly small group Saturday, and it was great to see old friends. Autoformer came by and he, PJ and I did some pretty extensive DAC listening with everything from hi res to Redbook to YouTube, while most of gang chatted it up down in the lab. Hopefully he will share some impressions.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline madbrayniak

I am really looking forward to some more impressions of this DAC so everyone who went please chime in!

Not that I dont trust Doc or anyone else but it is always great to get more opinions.

I am planning a Streacom PC build for movies/media and want to use this DAC with it.

I can see it now...

PC to B.D.S.M.(my vote of the name) to Quickie to some Ncore amps(only because I also use these maps for Home Theater duties)

mmm...delicious, a simple, cost effective music lovers system.