Anyone with an Eros

coors · 2275

Offline coors

on: April 22, 2010, 09:40:26 AM
I feel like I am posting a personal ad.
I would like to hear the Eros, if you live close to Oly, Washington and I can bribe you with beer and good music let me know.
I am particularly interested in someone that has detailed knowledge of the engineering behind this.
thanks
S

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:05:41 AM
You are very close to Bottlehead corporate (Poulsbo).  I'm sure you could call and arrange an appointment to visit.  I, for one, live up in Kirkland and would be happy to let you come by and listen to my Bottlehead gear, although the circuit I run is close to the Eros, but slightly more advanced. 

-Paul

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 10:21:12 AM
I have an Eros, detailed knowledge and I live in Poulsbo. We should probably have a general get together here at Chateau Bottlehead, as it has been a few months since the last one. Would folks be up for a meeting some time in the next few weeks? I have some new prototype SE 6550 amps running the woofers - part of our never ending hunt for better bass. We could also have a Crack prototype here to listen to, and I now have a few very nicely recorded high res files from Romo and Dr. Knobs to play on our gradually evolving server and DAC project.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline coors

Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:26:50 PM
I am up for either one!
Should I just call Bottlehead?
S

Offline Air

• Open wine w/ a pocketknife? No Problemo
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:52:06 PM
May 8th or 9th
or 15th or 16th would work.
PLEASE do not meet the weekend of the 1st of May. It is bad luck to have a bot meeting on May Day. Also my one and only daugther is getting married to her first husband. Can't be in two places at once yet. -Chuck

Chuck McCalment    Linn TT- Seduction (C4S), EFPIII, Parabees's w/ shunt reg and DC heaters. Nava interconnects, homebrew power and speaker cables,  Homemade three way & S8's w/ ribbons for Christmas.
a Technics RS1500 that needs a little love.