Integration -- a worthy upgrade?

SammyJ · 2308

Offline SammyJ

on: December 01, 2014, 03:39:03 AM
Hey guys,

I've been very happy with my Reduction.  Been a few months now and it's really singing.  Any thoughts on the Integration as an upgrade?  Thinking about pulling the trigger today (cyber Monday), but wanted some feedback from those who've upgraded.  Can you describe your experiences?

cheers,
S

Offline Grainger49

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 04:04:50 AM
Sammy,

This is my opinion and my experience being a Bottlehead for about 14 years:

Adding the C4S boards to any Bottlehead is the best bang for the buck upgrade you can make.  I upgraded my Foreplay, Seduction and Paramours.  The Eros came with the active loads.

Offline corndog71

Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 04:20:58 AM
The stock kits are the real value and with the upgrades you get a bump in performance that's Bottlehead approved.  Personally, I always get the upgrades because they're always worth it.  After that I typically add my favorite brand of caps to give it my own flavor so to speak.

Of course it's always recommended to build your kit stock first to minimize mistakes.

The world was made for those not cursed with self-awareness.

Rob

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:29:44 AM
The Integration will bump up the gain of the Reduction nicely, which is very helpful for pretty much anybody.  To add to that, the shunt regulated power supply bumps up the signal to noise ratio nicely as well.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man