Any Italian Crack+Speedball customer here? (taxes question)

nicari · 1150

Offline nicari

Hi,
I just bought a Crack with Speedball upgrade, and right after the payment I remembered about import duties (first time buying from USA).
Is there any Italian customer that can tell me if the customs made him pay any duty, how much, how and how much time did it take?

Andrea Stefanello

Offline Bonzo

• My name is Marco, best known as Bonzo
Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 08:26:05 PM
Hi Stefano,
I trashed my last bill from New Zealand, but AFAIR total tax amount should be more or less 21% of the total amount (cost of the items you purchased AND shipping fees).
How quick the custom will release your Crack depends on to which custom it will be given...Custom in Milan is pretty quick (15 days from the arrival in Italy), other are a bit slower (Rome will take almost a month).

Hope it helps

Ciao

Bisogna avere orecchio!

Offline mcandmar

• Not all engineers are civil
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:35:40 AM
Pretty sure that rate applies to all EU countrys, which is far from fair when you look at how much the Euro to Dollar exchange rate has fallen over the last year, its down to 1:1.14 now.

Also be aware that packages over a certain value cannot be handled by your local postal provider, they can only be released by a registered shipping agent.  i.e. you have to pay an agent to submit the paperwork and pay the duty charges for you which adds another expense.  The document they have to submit is called the "Single Administrative Document", which is better known as the S.A.D. document.   .....i swear you couldn't make this stuff up.

M.McCandless