Favorite closed cans for Crack?

JimJ · 954

Offline JimJ

on: August 23, 2015, 08:31:05 AM
Hey there!

I was just about to pull the trigger on some Beyer DT250s, but before I do, I was wondering what else out there I may be overlooking. I'm looking for a high-impedance pair that have to be closed, unfortunately :( I think if I tried running a pair of HD600s in my office, they'd hang me by my own headphone cord...

What else have you guys liked for $500 and under? I've heard that Beyer is coming out with the DT1770, but I hear conflicting reports on whether it'll be flat enough in FR to make it worth the wait.

Thanks in advance!

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 01:09:08 PM
Can not comment on other cans but I do have a pair of the Beyer DT250s and they insulate very well my misses is now able to drift off to sleep peacefully when I am listening to tunes laying next to her. They also sound much better than their price tag suggests. Do be aware they have a reputation of requiring 10-20hrs burn in the change is quite noticeably for the better compared too straight out the box.

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!

Offline denti alligator

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 01:48:21 PM
Crackheadphones are nice!

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline porcupunctis

• 0D3
Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 02:41:18 PM
I really like my Beyer dynamics dt770pros.  Good value for the sound. 

Randall Massey
Teacher of Mathematics
Lifetime audio-electronics junkie