Missing part replacements

dylanneves · 1089

Offline dylanneves

on: October 10, 2017, 08:11:29 PM
Hey there,

I ordered a Crack + Speedball, and noticed that my package was missing the following:

Four #4 hex nuts
Four #8 fiber shoulder washers
Three #8 star lockwashers

I live in Canada, so I don't know if I'd want to wait for a replacement shipment from Bottlehead HQ. I was thinking of going to my local hardware and fastener stores to find replacements.

I'm very much an enthusiast, and a novice when it comes to this stuff. I have two years of electronics experience from high school, but very elementary experience. If I buy replacements on my own, do they need to be specific materials? If so, which would do? Any steel/zinc nut would do (for the octal sockets)? Do I absolutely need external tooth lock washers and fiber shoulder washers, or could normal/vinyl washers or internal tooth lock washers work for either respective type (for the transformer)? The fiber shoulder washers look like they may be difficult to find in my city.

Dylan Neves
------
-DT770 80 ohm (occasional hip-hop can)
-HD650 (my daily driver)
------
-Bottlehead Crack (Speedball 1.1: only the big board) [daily driver]; Schiit Modi 2 Uber
-Fiio E10K (amp/dac for dt770, current choice for solid state)

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 03:49:15 AM
Since you need the fiber washers, I wouldn't run to the hardware store looking for them.  They are a critical part and there aren't really any substitutes.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 07:25:44 AM
Could you please email a photo of your screw bag to replacementparts at bottlehead dot com?

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline dylanneves

Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 08:33:55 AM
Thanks a bunch guys, I'll contact replacement parts asap.

Dylan Neves
------
-DT770 80 ohm (occasional hip-hop can)
-HD650 (my daily driver)
------
-Bottlehead Crack (Speedball 1.1: only the big board) [daily driver]; Schiit Modi 2 Uber
-Fiio E10K (amp/dac for dt770, current choice for solid state)