Happy birthday, Doc

Bodyslam · 1042

Offline Bodyslam

on: January 23, 2018, 05:32:30 AM
I'm kinda surprised that there isn't a Happy Birthday thread already. There usually is a long and growing thread by the time I get here.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to our fearless leader. A birthday he shares with Django Reinhardt, by the way.

What famous person from the world of music shares your birthday? I've got one famous and one infamous. Hank Williams for starters--the original. Also the infamous room tuner Bob Hodas (coincidentally one of my best friends.)

Hope you're taking the day off and enjoying it with Eileen.

Paul Stubblebine
Paul Stubblebine Mastering, San Francisco
The Tape Project, LLC
serious student of the audio arts

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:42:09 AM
Indeed, happy birthday Doc B!

I think he and the Queen are enjoying the scenic, but bone chilling beach of the Washington coast.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:41:20 AM
Thanks guys! We just rolled in from the beach. T'was awesome - fabulous dinner last night, an awesome hotel right on the beach with a stunning view, a couples massage yesterday, and a ripping storm last night with howling 40 mph gusts.

I'll just throw in that I also share a birthday with Rutger Hauer aka Roy "I've done..questionable things" Batty - RIP.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Cary

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 03:15:17 PM
Wishing you happiness and long life! Thank you from all of us for making DIY so much fun!

Cary