GlassWare website

Henry's Cat · 1397

Offline Henry's Cat

on: January 15, 2018, 08:40:11 AM
Does anyone know if GlassWare are still in business?  Their website at www.glass-ware.com hasn't been updated in ages.  I bought a copy of 'TCJ My Stock V2' database software years ago to keep track of my valve collection and wondered if it had been updated to run on versions of Windows beyond Windows XP.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 09:15:37 AM
Try tubecad.com.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

4krow

Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 10:34:12 AM
Once in great while, I will order a product from them. As of about 2 months ago, they were still up and running.

Offline Henry's Cat

Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 03:39:05 AM
Thanks for the replies.  It looks like development of their software stopped at Windows XP.  Has anyone managed to get TCJ My Stock V2 to work with Windows 7?  I have a dual-boot computer with Windows XP and 7 installed but couldn't get it to work with Windows 7.

Offline AudioDave

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 07:48:10 AM
I also had problems getting "TCJ My Stock" to work with Win 7.  If you will send me your email address to "[email protected]" I will forward an email I received from Glassware Audio that fixed it for my situation.
Dave

Offline Henry's Cat

Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 10:18:53 AM
 :)Thanks for the e-mail reply.  I tried using compatibility mode and although My Stock V2 software ran in Windows 7 I could not get it to load up my valve database.  Any attempt to open or try and import an existing database doesn't work.  You can navigate to the folder where the files are situated but My Stock seems to be blind to the contents, so you cannot select the .DBF file belonging to your database.  I think the problem is something to do with Windows 7 User Access Control.

I finally found a workaround which allows you to use your database file.  I installed the My Stock V2 program to the root of my 'C' drive, i.e. outside the Program Files folder.  The I edited the MyStock2.ini file inside the Glassware/TCJ My Stock DB V2/ folder to reflect the location where my database is situated.  You need to change the line that says 'Last Used' to point to where your .DBF file is.  In my case it shows  'Last Used=E:\Databases\My Valves.dbf'

The software now works in Windows 7 allowing me to look up my collection and add new entries.  So far I have not tried creating a new database from scratch so I do not know if My Stock V2 would have any problems.  I found that the only compatibility setting that needed applying to the MyStock2.exe file was 'Disable desktop composition'.