Is there a schematic diagram with Voltages and pins on it

vadimzh · 561

Offline vadimzh

Really enjoy my kit. Thank you.

It would be tremendously helpful if one can use a schematic diagram that has voltages(voltage ranges) right there on the diagram and may be pin numbers as well. This way one can easily read and find parts and extend them with more components or replace components. Has anyone created by chance such a diagram? I am in US, so would need it with respect to 110V-120V incoming.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 10:56:37 AM
The schematic is available in the manual and you could certainly print a copy and write voltages on it.

This way one can easily read and find parts and extend them with more components or replace components.
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here.  All the parts in the kit have values printed on them except the LEDs, and we specify what those are in the manual.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Adrian

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 03:15:07 AM
Before I build any of these excellent kits I first go through the manual in detail and markup a printed copy of the supplied schematic with the terminal numbers.  This does two things for me: 1) I get a chance to review the build before I turn on the soldering iron; 2) I may find potential problems or typos and can get any questions answered upfront should I foresee any "snags" in my way.  I have built amplifiers which did not have anywhere near the detailed instructions with excellent pictures that Bottlehead provides.  For those I depended on my ability to thoroughly understand the circuit schematic.
Maybe this approach can help you during your build.
Good luck and have fun!

Adrian C.

VPI Prime w/Ortofon Quintet Black MC/Rothwell MCL Lundahl SUT/EROS/Submissive (3 output mod)/Mainline/Crack - Speedball/S.E.X. 2.1 - C4S/S.E.X. 3.0 - C4S/Paramounts - Blumenstein 2.2 Mini-Max w/DOF mod -Senn HD600/Viso HP50/Focal Elear.