Stereomour II

rover · 922

Offline rover

on: January 25, 2022, 11:04:30 PM
Can I use the Stereomour II as a power amp? in saying, does it have pre in? I have a BeePre 2 preamp
Thanks in advance

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 04:09:09 AM
Sure - the easy way is, just turn the volume control to maximum. This has the advantage of leaving the balance control functioning, which you would otherwise lose if you upgrade the gain controls in the BeePre.

To disable the volume control, just move the wire from the wiper to the hot end - this removes the wiper contact from the signal path, turning the pot into a resistor, which you would need anyhow. It's a carbon composition resistor, which are generally thought to be very good sounding. The balance control can be disabled this way as well, if you want to. This approach is easily reversed if your needs change.

Paul Joppa

Offline Thijs

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 09:27:52 AM
Does the same method apply with the attenuator upgrade installed in the Stereomour II? I suppose it does, but just checking.

Can I use the Stereomour II as a power amp? in saying, does it have pre in? I have a BeePre 2 preamp
Thanks in advance

How are you liking this combination compared to just the Stereomour II? I've been considering going this route before eventually building the Monamours in the future.

Cheers