Powerline Voltage Test.

Hilts · 667

Offline Hilts

on: March 20, 2022, 11:39:56 AM
This is probably a numb question but is you dont know ask.
I have done the incoming voltage test. I'm totally new to multimeters so not sure if the reading.
I got these readings on the AC volts and unsure of the outcome. 1.212 VAC. 1.258 VAC. 1.322 VAC.
Bear in mind I am in the UK.
Thanks in advance.

Online Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 01:02:35 PM
Is the fuse installed in the holder (in the correct spot?)?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Hilts

Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 01:33:38 PM
The fuse is in the holder . I pushed the fuse in the holder so there were equal spaces at either end of the holder. If this is correct.

Offline ccmccull

Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 03:00:02 PM
The IEC fuse holder is confusing. There's a square "tube" which is the wrong place to put it. The way to know you have it in right is to picture its metal ends making contact with the metal prongs in the IEC fixture.

I guess the square tube is to hold a spare fuse.

Colin. Insta @act4audio
{Ortofon 2m Blue > U-Turn Orbit > Eros 2} & {Roon Ropieee RPi4 > hifiberry-digi2-pro > ANK DAC 2.1} > Moreplay > {SVS_SB-1000 (x3)} & {diy kegger design kt88 SET} > Magnepan .7

Offline Hilts

Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 03:18:38 PM
The IEC fuse holder is confusing. There's a square "tube" which is the wrong place to put it. The way to know you have it in right is to picture its metal ends making contact with the metal prongs in the IEC fixture.

I guess the square tube is to hold a spare fuse.

I think you've found the problem Colin,  I did put the fuse in the top square tube. I'm at work at the minute but will double check when I get home.

Thanks