Tapping the signal off my BeePree 1

Aural Robert · 456

Offline Aural Robert

on: August 11, 2024, 11:51:22 AM
I bought a whizzo LCD meter for some bling for my gear rack (https://doukaudio.com/en-ca/products/vu9-pixie-tube-sound-level-meter-ref-to-retro-nixie-tube-audio-spectrum-w-mic-pickup) and I want to run a signal from my BeePre to the input jack on the base of the unit.

My preamp has RCA female for all 4 outputs and for each channel, they are wired one after the other under the hood. So being a complete illiterate electronics-wise, I thought it best to inquire here BEFORE doing anything I might regret. For anyone wondering, I'm already using all 4 outputs: 2 for my Mon Amor amps and 2 to my Mainline.

All I need is signal level, so I was just going to run a wire from the positive and negative terminals on the R & L channels to the stereo 1/8" jack they provided.

So this should work ok and not cause any other problems, right? TIA to the community.

Aural Robert
... discussion, dissension, dialog, diatribe, it's all talk ...

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: August 11, 2024, 03:20:51 PM
There isn't a whole heck of a lot of information on that product.  It would help to know what the input impedance is. 

Thankfully it's equipped with a microphone if it has a really low input impedance or a lot of input capacitance, which could cause some problems. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline Aural Robert

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2024, 05:00:39 AM
I got a reply back from their tech support - input impedance is 20k ohms.

I hooked the device up to the rca jacks and it seems to work flawlessly with no apparent effect on the amp or the sound.

Soooo, I think I should be ok to go under the hood and run my tap directly off the bottom of the rca jacks. Knowledgeable confirmation would be appreciated although my confidence level is high.

Aural Robert

Origin Live Calypso TT w String Theory arm & Shure V15VxMR, Eros or BH DAC -> BeePre -> MonAmor 2A3s w JJ's => Blumestein Bamboo Tritons on Blumenstein Bamboo stands, AND Enhanced SEX w Sexy spkrs and subs in the WAF zone. DIY Belden 89259 w Eichmann interconnects throughout