Pipette Side Baffle

benzxc · 959

Offline benzxc

on: April 19, 2024, 10:26:06 PM
I am putting together the Pipettes and have noticed that while I did get four side baffles, only two of them have the brackets fastened inside. The other two brackets are loose and not fastened at all. I do not see instructions in the manual on how to fasten the brackets.

Are the brackets supposed to come loose? How can I fasten them? Wood glue?

Ben Chiou

Offline mjabloner

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 05:03:34 AM
Hello Ben,  This is Matt - builder of Pipette kits.

To make sure we are on the same page... Are you talking about the black plastic brackets for the inside corners of the Pipettes?  Or the wavy plywood brackets on the inside sides of the sides? If these I should have glued them in at my shop.

Please let me know and feel free to post a picture or text me one at 2O6 849 65eight4. Sorry about the problem. We will figure it out.

Thanks,
Matt

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 05:41:50 AM by Paul Birkeland »

Offline benzxc

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 05:16:47 AM
Hi Matt, I am having difficulty uploading photos. Do you have an email that I can reach you at?

Ben Chiou

Offline benzxc

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 05:17:48 AM
And I'm referring to the wavy brackets inside the sides.

Ben Chiou

Offline mjabloner

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 06:38:15 AM
Thanks Ben, That was my mistake. I should have glued them in. So sorry.
My email is [email protected]. I would appreciate a pic.

Yes, wood glue will take care of it. Dry fit the brackets. They are friction fit by design. If too tight use a block plane or 150 grit sandpaper on the bracket so they fit without too much pressure. Orient the bracket so the threaded insert flange is on the front side of the side - away from the rebate/rabbit. Apply wood glue and tap down the bracket to make good contact. Check that the bracket is perpendicular to the side. Tap to adjust if necessary. Clamping is not necessary.

Or if this is too much of a hassle I will send you a new pair of sides on Tuesday.

Thank and sorry again,
Matt

Offline benzxc

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 11:26:21 AM
Thanks so much Matt! New sides should not be necessary. Doesn't seem too hard to glue them in! Thanks again!

Ben Chiou