Offline Thermioniclife

on: September 08, 2024, 04:18:49 PM
Pics or vid on the flats this year?

Lee R.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 10:42:04 AM
There are a few. Most can be found on our instagram (bottleheadaudio) or my personal FB page (Dan Schmalle). I didn't take any on bike videos this year as I had some trouble with camera mounts moving in the airstream. The super cool on track at speed photos are taken by a fabulous photographer named Scooter Grubb. Those usually get published a few weeks after the event.

The first pic below is in the staging line for my first run on my Aprilia RSV Mille. First time out there with it so I was learning the bike, increasing throttle in increments. I kept it around 90% throttle at max so my run was only around 141mph with an exit speed of 147. The run was a success, bike was super stable and I am considering some mods for next year and maybe tackling a world record that currently sits at 171.

Second pic taken by fellow racer Jaylin Billig. This is me doing my psychup at the staging line before I did my return run for an AMA national record on my 1962 Honda CB72. My nitrous setup failed to work right, but luckily the existing record was a soft one and I managed to break it by 5mph without the shot.

Third pic is the Bottlehead crew chief sitting on the back of R-ambo, our ambulance race hauler.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #2 on: September 09, 2024, 12:47:41 PM
Thanks Doc, Queen looks great and probably keeps you under her thumb regarding your racing discipline  ;D

Lee R.