New demo shoot today - woo hoo!

Doc B. · 2351

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: September 17, 2012, 10:49:43 AM
Jacqui Naylor and Art Khu are on their way to Bottleheadquarters. We're going to shoot a demo of Art playing some jazz and who knows what else on the Tode. Then after we are going to our house, where I want to let Art try out my recently completed Hammond Model E organ - done Bottlehead style... recapped tone generator, tube percussion added, two speed Leslie 31H, twin Hammond reverb cabinets. Fun, fun fun!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline ironbut

Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:16:36 PM
Very cool Doc!
Maybe they'll have to cut some organ tracks at your pad in the future.

steve koto

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 06:01:01 AM
Got some really nice video of Art playing Tode yesterday. He plays some great jazzy blues on the 335 on one segment and for the second segment I gave him an old school Morley wah pedal that I had just rebuilt to use with my Bottlecaster. That was a blast, I kept expecting John Shaft to walk into room.

It will be a while before the youtube version is ready as I have to transfer the analog tape audio tracks I recorded on my Nagra T to digital and then re sync them with the HD video. I also caught just a bit of Art giving the newly rebuilt Hammond "E3" a spin, with audio captured by the video camera. I'll try to get that up on youtube today.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 01:00:50 PM
Here's a little snip of Art Khu playing the Hammond Model E concert organ I restored and modded this year. By the way Jacqui Naylor and Art will be performing with the trio tonight at the Triple Door and tomorrow night at Jimmy Mack's. And if anyone is interested, yeah, I do work on Hammonds as a sideline.

I also have a really nice tape capture of Art playing electric through the Tode. Still need to mix it and transfer it. Hope to have the files up on the Tode web page by next week.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:07:48 PM
Very cool. I remember when you were posting on the project, I was thinking man, what a lot of work. If it was me it would still be sitting there.

For what it's worth. when I played the video, Oscar, the Jazz cat and chef solder inspector came running...John

John S.

Offline xcortes

Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 02:25:19 PM
Amazing project. Congrats!

Xavier Cortes

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 06:39:19 AM
If it was me it would still be sitting there.

Then I probably shouldn't tell you that it sat in Jacqui's garage for a year before I collected it and another year in my garage before five of us moved it across the yard and down about eight steps into the music room where I started on the restoration. It's been an off and on weekend project since last spring and the last bits went in during a marathon couple of days this weekend. At about 600 lbs. for the organ alone it will probably still be sitting there when we sell the place. Maybe we can find a buyer who wants to "home church" their kids.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline ironbut

Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 07:47:24 AM
As a fellow "gotta clear my bench" guy (for the last few months at least), congrats!
It sure feels good to get some of those projects off the back burners.

steve koto

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 09:03:18 AM
Yeah, but now I have no more excuses not to practice.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.