Ah, the Beatles have a new box set

Paully · 3985

Offline earwaxxer

Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 06:31:01 PM
Jim - At the time, I dont think we had pure enough acid to 'get into' Eno. It was over my head. Still is.  - I have just recently really got my head around Dylan and Lou Reed. I now enjoy that NYC post beat-nick stuff. Maybe I was a bit too young in the early 60's.

Eric
Emotiva XPA-2, Magnepan MMG (mod), Quickie (mod), JRiver, Wyrd4sound uLink, Schiit Gungnir, JPS Digital power cord, MIT power cord, JPS Labs ultraconductor wire throughout, HSU sub. powered by Crown.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 08:26:24 AM
Hey Jim, you got it...John

John S.

Offline Wanderer

Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 10:33:33 AM
 Don't have a clue what it said now, but I do remember it not being out of line for Eno lyrics :-).

Don't know the "Moebius" but from 'Baby's On Fire"

"Baby's on fire
Better throw her in the water
Look at her laughing
Like a heifer to the slaughter
Baby's on fire
And all the laughing boys are bitching
Waiting for photos
Oh the plot is so bewitching."

So...what WOULD be out of line for Eno lyrics exactly?  

I was/am a Brian Eno fan but more into the minimalist stuff like "No Pussy Footing" and the Discreet and Ambient recordings.

...And no audiophile record collection is complete without "The Portsmouth Sinfonia Plays the Popular Classics".  
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:35:34 AM by Wanderer »

Kevin R-M

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 01:05:51 PM
Wanderer,

I want, want, want a good copy of the pportsmouth Sinfonia!!!  I had a copy, not in terribly great shape, but sold it with my old collection.  I love that album and would love to find another copy.

Did you know that one time both Brian Eno and Sting played in the portsmouth sinfonia?

As for Eno lyrics, that's exactly it -- somewhat dark, out there, etc. is what I meant.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)

Offline denti alligator

Reply #19 on: October 02, 2012, 01:15:10 PM
We've got a new thread now, I guess, on Eno.

I've long wanted to hear the Portsmith Sinfonia album!

Another Green World is, for me, a masterpiece. Pure magic.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline Jim R.

• Blind Bottlehead
Reply #20 on: October 02, 2012, 02:18:17 PM
Sam,

Agreed on AGW -- and in general I consider Brian Eno to be a real innovator and out of the box musical thinker.

-- Jim

Jim Rebman -- recovering audiophile

Equitech balanced power; uRendu, USB processor -> Musette DAC -> 5670 tube buffer -> Finale Audio F138 FFX -> Cain and Cain Abbys near-field).

s.e.x. 2.1 under construction.  Want list: Stereomour II

All ICs homemade (speaker and power next)