uk crack

tweedgv · 9475

Offline Adrian

Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 05:30:44 AM
For interconnects, I've had good success with River Cable AudioFlex Gold Plus.
These have excellent specs, low capacitance (if that's a concern for you), and sound great.
However, comparing cables is such a subjective endeavor that all I can really say is "YMMV".
http://www.rivercable.com/ag2.asp

Adrian C.

VPI Prime w/Ortofon Quintet Black MC/Rothwell MCL Lundahl SUT/EROS/Submissive (3 output mod)/Mainline/Crack - Speedball/S.E.X. 2.1 - C4S/S.E.X. 3.0 - C4S/Paramounts - Blumenstein 2.2 Mini-Max w/DOF mod -Senn HD600/Viso HP50/Focal Elear.

Offline Chris65

Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 05:36:35 AM
as an after thought, are there any other videos bandying about that would be of interest to amp builders (however inexperienced they might be).

Although these are little more about PCB's, I found some good info & videos on this site: http://tangentsoft.net/elec/movies/

Offline borism

Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 05:47:20 AM
Hi Gav,
My first (and only) build was a Stereomour and I never used a soldering iron before. What I found helpful were basic soldering lessons by Pace on youtube. Then, I bought some cheap supplies (wires, resistors, a small board) at a local store and practiced before starting my build.
Boris

Boris

Offline tweedgv

Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 12:53:55 AM
thanks again guys.

love those tutorial videos, especially the pace (very vintage)...........

I've taken everyone's advice and I can't thank you all enough..... its given me the confidence to take this project on....... more than that, I really cannot wait for it.

I've ordered clippers, helping hands, the solder that was suggested (JamieMcC), pliers, solder wick, soldering station that was suggested (Bill), wire cutters, strippers, surgical pliers and a few more things I cant remember right now........... oh yeah, and I've just ordered the Crack (finally, after about a year)!!!!!!!!!

i'm so excited I swear I have movement in my loins.......

thank you all, but please keep the help coming...... i'm going to be counting a lot of sleeps

gav

Offline JamieMcC

Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 02:41:10 AM
Congratulations I have a fair idea of your thought process as the Crack was also seducing me fore about a year prior to my purchase. When Tyll Hertsens did the video that was the last straw and I caved in finally pulling the trigger. Absolutely no regrets its been a bit of adventure, good fun, and educational to boot all in all I have really enjoyed the Bottlehead experience.

I am sure you will have a blast and as you have found out there is always lots of help and friendly advice on the forum if needed.

Shoot for the moon if you miss you will still be amongst the stars!