Popular Electronics Magazine Archive

Natural Sound · 1554

Offline Natural Sound

on: December 20, 2014, 04:49:48 AM
Popular Electronics magazine made a lasting impression on me as a kid. I stumbled across an archive of the magazine from 1954 to 1982. Each issue is available as a downloadable PDF file so you can view them on the go. I hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane as much as I am.
http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Popular-Electronics-Guide.htm

NOTE: If you go to the "Home" page there are tons of other electronics and radio archives to keep you busy for a long time. This is a monster treasure trove of information.

Offline EarWorm

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 05:50:38 AM
Thanks!

Sony 8FC-69WA AM/FM Digimatic Flip Clock Radio Circa 1971. 
1962 RCA Victor 4 Volt Superheterodyne AM Radio With ear Jack & plastic ivory ear piece.   What?

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 09:41:23 AM
Wow - thanks a lot! This was the inspiration of my youth.

I had fooled around with radios earlier, but my first hifi construction was the single-ended(!) transistor amp, p.51 Feb 1959; I probably built it in 60 or 61 when I was 13 or 14 years old. We were living in a furnished rental house that included a huge 15" hifi speaker; I had been given an assembled but non-working Heathkit tuner that a friend of my dad's had given up on. I fixed the tuner (a single bad solder joint - sound familiar, anyone?) and all I needed was an amp. Sounded fabulous, and made me an audiophile.

Paul Joppa