Variable voltage on terminals 6 and 10 new crack build. [solved]

jmineart · 1364

Offline jmineart

The resistance check went pretty well. The only problem I had was testing the resistance of terminal 13, on my multimeter it would slowly climb to 200k ohms then it would jump to 10M ohms then decrease but it takes an extremely long time so I assumed it would eventually come to 270k ohms. I don't know if this indicates a bad read or if my multimeter is causing this.

When it comes to voltages these two terminals are the only ones of issue. The volts that read on these two terminals quickly vary from 0 volts to 30 volts and jumps around this area occasionally showing low negatives. Have tried to re-solder most joints especially the ones that look to be associated with these terminals.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 06:08:49 PM by Caucasian Blackplate »

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 02:25:25 PM
The resistance on 13 needs to be a lot higher than 0.  It may never settle to 270K.

On 6 and 10, what scale are you using for those measurements?

It wouldn't be unusual to see those readings jump from 0-30mV (0-0.030V), but it would be quite odd to see it jump to 30V.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline jmineart

Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 03:25:20 PM
Excellent what you said turned out to be the issue! Using a variable multimeter and I did not think to check that. Id much rather have this be my bonehead move for the build instead of a writing issue, thank you!