question about limit to interconnect length

denti alligator · 885

Offline denti alligator

on: October 16, 2016, 04:31:29 PM
I'm thinking about moving my SEX amp across the room from the main stereo set-up, so that it's within reach when in the comfy listening chair, to be used exclusively as a headphone amp. I would keep the Stereomour as an input selector, and run one RCA cable pair from the special RCA out I added to the Stereomour to the SEX. My question is: what's the limit on how long those RCA cables can be? If they stretch the whole length of the room, going under the floor even, they might get close to 20'. Will that be a problem?

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:52:02 PM
Is your output on the Stereomour wired right from the selector switch? If so, this is 100% dependent on your sources, as well as the capacitance of the cables you plan to use.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline denti alligator

Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 03:19:14 PM
Yes, it is. Thanks. It's looking like I've found an easier workaround.

- Sam

Rega P3-24 (w/AT 150MLX) w/Groovetracer upgrades / Eros II / FLAC >J.River >DSD256 >Gustard X20 / Moreplay > Stereomour II / Klipsch Forte II w/Crites upgrades / C4S S.E.X. 2.0 +Nickel MQ Iron / Speedball Crack / Sennheiser HD600 w/Cardas cable