Tube DIY meet at Bottleheadquarters December 3rd

Doc B. · 1197

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: November 20, 2016, 07:35:49 AM
Join us December 3rd 1-4p.m. on beautiful Bainbridge Island for the second installment of what we hope will become a regular monthly treat. Bring your ears, a friend, music you like and your latest DIY audio project, finished or not. The first meet in November was a smash, with 20+ in attendance.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:41:48 AM
Just bumping this to remind everyone that the meet is this Saturday. I'll be playing the new Tape Project release, TP-029 Mozart piano concertos 21 in C major, 24 in C minor, Eugene Istomin and the Seattle Symphony, Gerard Schwartz conducting. Recorded by Keith Johnson.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:02:37 AM
Was a really nice meet yesterday. We had a total of eight attendees. I must admit to spending most of the day catching up with old friends, but we did do some audio stuff too! I played one reel of the new Tape Project Istomin/Mozart Piano Concertos. We ran the new speakers, and new member Tristan brought a beautifully done stereo SE amp that was built to run triode wired WE350Bs, EL34s, 6L6s etc. Running with some EL34s it was a very smooth and sweet sound. It has James output transformers, 6SL7 drivers, a tube rectifier and a beautiful wenge base. I thought I saw Josh snap a pic of it, so maybe he has an image to attach.

I also had one of the Neothoriators playing in my office and a few folks heard it for the first time. Kelvin and I have been working out the final touches of an improved neon indicator level display for these amps. When that is complete one of the Neos will be available (along with a pair of K1000s).

The next meet date is yet to be set, but will be in early January. However before that we do have on other event happening at Bottleheadquarters. This Thursday evening Jacqui Naylor and Art Khu will be doing a live show, performing songs from their latest album, Q&A. There are a few seats available, and you can find tickets here -

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=W39EPNWB5WZTC

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline marantzfan

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:04:59 PM
Man, I wish I lived in the area and could participate in all the cool events you're having up there. 

BeePre, Paramounts 1.1, Eros, Thorens TD-124/AudioMods Tonearm/Ortofon 2M Black, IFI Micro Idsd, HQPlayer,  Altec 604-8G Duplex/620 Cabinets/Markwart Crossovers

S.E.X. 2.1, AKG K701