Crack Still On Top!

adydula · 1096

Offline adydula

on: February 06, 2017, 05:33:04 AM
I have had my crack w/speedball for some time now and have had the pleasure of listening to many other amps, mostly solid state and DIY stuff. All are pretty good, some stellar but with that said the recent purchase of a set of Beyerdynamic T1 2G's I am finding the Crack is "the" amp that works so very well with these cans over all the others.

Its not just that the other amps are not clear or transparent etc...all those syrupy adjectives....but the "musicality" is the one word I can think of that describes the experience. The one thing that really stands out with these T1's and the Crack is "Soundstage and Depth" just a really wonderful experience.

Its so easy to discern good recording from mediocre ones, and many of the older cd's (flacs) become alive like never before.

I was worried that the Crack would not have enough power to make the T1's play well. It does!

This is really a great amp, affordable that with high end, high impedance headphones like the Beyers offers an outstanding value and experience!

Now it the price on NOS tubes would just come down!!  :)

LOL

Alex
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:58:49 AM by adydula »