Crack & Xbox One

BLACKPIPE · 980

Offline BLACKPIPE

on: June 02, 2017, 05:02:06 PM
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has any experience hooking up a Crack with their Xbox One Controller. Before, I was running my ATH-M50 (with a Modmic) directly though my controller and that worked with no issues.

However, after building my Crack and getting the HD650, I've just tried to plug in the Crack into the 3.5 jack in the controller - but get no audio. Plugging the HD650 directly into the controller does work though - but obviously then they are not amped.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am cross-posting on /r/XboxOne and on /r/Headphones as well.

Please save me from resorting to using them unamped lol

Benjamin Vasa

Total Noob
HD650/Crack

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 05:20:08 PM
I would guess that your 3.5mm to RCA cable is no good.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline BLACKPIPE

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 05:27:18 PM
That's what I'm thinking too Doc. I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019D048XC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AOImzbX4SBP3T

It's been working fine running audio from my phone and laptop though so might be the controller itself that's having an issue?

Benjamin Vasa

Total Noob
HD650/Crack

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 05:32:03 PM
Maybe it's not making good contact in the Xbox jack? I dunno.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:28:57 AM
This is something I've thought about on the PS4.  The cable that goes into the controller has an extra connection for the microphone, which was concerning, but since your HD-600's work then we don't have to worry about that causing problems. 

Those little controller jacks are tiny, and they may not actually use a switch to determine whether headphones are inserted, but rather it may be looking for the load of the headphones themselves.  What I would do is to go buy yourself a pair of 220 Ohm 1/4W or 1/8W resistors and temporarily install each from hot to ground on the RCA jacks.  That will present a convincing load to the controller, and it may get you up and running.

If that does work, I would consider installing those resistors in the RCA plugs on that cable, just so the Crack can be used normally otherwise.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man