Out of your Head

Guest · 2347

4krow

on: January 31, 2018, 05:19:59 AM
 I have been experimenting with an app called 'Out of your head'. Basically, it is designed to replicate a normal listening experience using information measured in several speaker, hall, studio situations. In short, the idea is to recreate a 5.1 or 7.1 Home Theater sound. I have only begun to use it with my headphones, and will admit that out of the 29 options given for various soundscapes, I happen to like two of them. My question is whether anyone else has used this app, and if so what are your opinions about it's performance?

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:29:23 AM
You might want to check these demos out -

http://www.margouleff.com/music-video

Bob Margouleff worked as producer on Stevie Wonder's Inner Visions and also produced Devo.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

4krow

Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 07:02:09 AM
After I pulled up that site, what I think is a ransom ware, attempted to take my computer over. Strange, I know, and I used windows defender to no avail, restarted the computer to no avail, and finally shut down for awhile. The problem did not persist. Of course the instructions on the flashing red screen 'advised' and 'warned' me to call their number and get things sorted out. Looks like I may have to get some serious protection for that computer.

FWIW, it did not happen on this computer, but I was not able to achieve satisfactory results from the website, no doubt because of the sound card in this computer.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 07:11:19 AM
Hmm, I did not have that problem. But I suggest anyone else use caution.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 01:21:37 PM
When I tried, I got only a blank page.

Paul Joppa

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 04:40:35 PM
Sorry guys, I don't have any suggestions. Comes up just fine on my Win10 laptop, my Android 7.0 smartphone and my Android 7.0 tablet tablet.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

4krow

Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 04:50:13 PM
What I did get to see of the web page, was that there were additional channels for upper areas, above your head for increased sound stage height. As I mentioned before, this computer in my office is inadequate for such experience. That is when I tried my other computer instead and got nailed. I am convinced that there needs to be a more robust filter or security system for that computer to be safe. I had it 'made up' primarily for ripping CD's and Foobar. I don't normally use it for internet purposes.