Where to now?

StevePL · 1180

Offline StevePL

on: October 06, 2017, 05:37:11 PM
I just put an Audionote 100k pot in my Quickie. There is a very noticeable improvement in sound quality. I also replaced replaced the 150µF16V caps with Blackgate 220µF 4V caps and they are also a big improvement.
I think I'm done modding this Quickie. With the already installed Clarity MR 2.2µF 630 caps I can't see much else to improve. The wiring from the battery holders was upgraded which cut down on static issues, I leave weights on the 9V batteries which eliminated any remaining strange static noises.
Sure it suffers from microphonics and it doesn't like cellphones or wi-fi devices close to it but I know that and don't find it to be an issue, for the money I've put into it it's hard to fault.

So what next, should I replace the Quicksand with a Seductor or get a Stereomour II? Both are off in the future because I'm pretty happy for now but I think the Quicksand is probably the weakest link in my system.

Crack Speedball, HD600, HD 25 300ohm.
Audirvana +, Schiit Modi Multibit, Smash-Smash Up Clarity MR, Rotel 956 bridged 2x Mono, Revel Performa F30.
Fiio X5ii, Quickie, Quicksand, Blumenstein Orca