Seduction C4S availability

Daikini · 4032

Offline Daikini

on: July 26, 2013, 10:19:55 AM
Is it still possible to get a C4S upgrade kit for a Seduction?

I built a Seduction this spring, and its output level was fine for the amp I was using then, but I just built a Stereomour, and I'm wishing I could get a little more gain out of the Seduction.  It just doesn't get as loud as my other sources.

I suppose my other options besides a C4S upgrade would include a higher output cartridge, or a line stage preamp, but those are a little out of my budget at the moment.

If the C4S kits are no longer for sale, could I get a schematic and parts list and put one together on my own?

Thanks.

David Gray

Empire 208/Jelco 750d/Nagaoka mp300 -> Seduction -> Stereomour ->Klipsch Heresy IIs w/ dual Polk PSW10s
Sony CDP-CX235 -> Schiit OptiModi -> Sex 2.1 -> Madisound BK-12m/Hifiman HE400

Offline Daikini

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 12:17:51 PM
Let me put that differently.

Are there any Seduction C4S PCBs still to be had?

Otherwise, does anyone have a Seduction C4S kit they want to sell?

David Gray

Empire 208/Jelco 750d/Nagaoka mp300 -> Seduction -> Stereomour ->Klipsch Heresy IIs w/ dual Polk PSW10s

Offline Grainger49

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:55:45 PM
David,

I had my sources mismatched when I had my Seduction in my system.  I just turned the volume higher for the albums.  I had to be at the preamp to put an album on anyway.  But then I put a dropping resistor in line with the CD input and that took care of it. 

If your only problem is that you need to adjust volume you are good.  I have CDs of various volume levels.  One was recorded at such a low volume I came out of my CDP and directly into my amps, no preamp.  It wasn't that loud.  Others will knock you off your chair.  So I often adjust my volume from album to album.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 05:54:16 AM
We may still have a few. I will check when I get into the office.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 05:59:11 AM
Shortly after the Seduction was retired, we counted up how many boards remained and put the C4S kit on sale. We definitely do not have the boards or the specialized hardware to mount them. Some of the electronics we will have (I'm not sure if the resistors are used in other kits. We will have stopped stocking them if they are not). As for schematics, roll-your-own, et cetera, that's a question for Dan, I suppose.

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:06:13 AM
Well, there you go, and I haven't even left the house. Thanks Josh.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Daikini

Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 08:56:36 AM
I bought a used c4s from a forum member. It sounds great, and the gain boost is most welcome!

David Gray