Next production run of the Jager

butchbass · 4098

Offline butchbass

on: January 31, 2018, 05:34:57 AM
Hey Doc, have you thought about when the third run of the Jager might be?

Butch Gross
Stereomour II/  Blumenstein Orcas, Dungenes/Schiit Bifrost Multibit/Amarra

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 07:09:05 AM
We're now shipping the second run and we just ran out of that cabinet stock. So we will need a few orders to justify another cabinet run. I'm thinking it might be useful to start an email list of people who are interested in a future run, so we can let those interested know when we have enough to start the next run. I wish we could just keep inventory on hand, but the parts take up too much space in our limited facility. 

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Hank Murrow

• Potter loving music and tubes....
    • Hank Murrow's World of Ceramics
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:31:52 PM
Well, Dan; Count me in as a third run customer. While I love the clarity of my Orca/BUF Sub combo, I would love to hear the music at realistic levels without over-driving my speakers. The 2A3 amp that PB made for me has lots of power(3.5watts) with the JJ 2A3-40 tubes, and I am eager to hear the Jägers in my newly calibrated room.

Cheers, Hank in Eugene
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:32:57 AM by Hank Murrow »

Offline butchbass

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:28:06 AM
I think I am ready to take the plunge. Doc put me down for the third run.

Butch Gross

Offline butchbass

Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 10:07:11 AM
Ugh, bad tax news. I will not be able to order for the third run. Sorry.

Butch Gross

Offline Uberchaos

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 06:48:27 AM
Doc, I’d like to be included in the next Jäger speaker run.

Offline Hank Murrow

• Potter loving music and tubes....
    • Hank Murrow's World of Ceramics
Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 06:41:45 AM
Just to let you know that I am still hoping to be included in the third run of these speaker kits. Now that I won the room treatment kit on Enjoy the Music.com, I can really use the Jäger's extra sensitivity and extension in both lows and highs. I think the 3.5 watts of my Custom BH 2A3 amp will be well complemented by these new speaks.

Thanks for all you do, BH

Hank in Eugene
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:34:35 AM by Hank Murrow »

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 11:18:34 AM
I hope to talk to the cabinet shop about a third run next week. Anyone who is interested, please post here so I can get a feel for the number of cabinets we might have requests for.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Uberchaos

Reply #8 on: April 07, 2018, 05:53:13 PM
Doc,

Definitely count me in for the next run of the Jager speakers!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #9 on: April 19, 2018, 10:05:32 AM
I had a great meeting with the cabinet shop owner yesterday. We discussed some refinements for the next run that should resolve the slight panel mismatch that beta testers experienced with some of the first run cabinets. Has to do with a machine known as the HOBO - HOrizontal BOring - the machine that puts holes in the edges of the panels. And we discussed adding edge banding to the panels for a more finished look. This will add a fair amount of manual labor cost to the job, as the front panel with speaker holes cannot fit in the banding machine and must be banded by hand. However I want it, and so it shall be! A test cabinet will be done soon, and once signed off we will announce a third run.

So that should address the first question that many of those who are waiting to order might ask. The second and most common question has been "what do the first builders think of the sound?"

Here's the latest from one builder -
"The Jagers are proving to be the "most popular attraction" in a (goofy) circle of musicians in Los Alamos.  It is amusing how many configurations of my couch and/or speakers have occurred..... each listener honing in on his favorite.  Drummers REALLY like them. I have mine taped on the floor.  At some point I will dictate that my "settings" are law, but it is good to get a sense for different positions.  They are really quite nice and sound good whole-room, near-field, toed in....  Thanks for putting out the kit."

And there are several more impressions now posted on the Jäger Speaker page -

https://bottlehead.com/product/jager-speaker-kit/

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline xcortes

Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 11:18:31 AM
I’m about to close the sale of my house in Mexico and the purxhase of the condo next door to mine in Coronado to have some more space. If that materializes I’ in.

Saludos

Pd. Dan, you know me, how’bout developing center/rear channels (80hz up)?

Xavier Cortes

Offline Uberchaos

Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 05:32:12 AM
Hello Doc,

How did the test cabinet build go for the next production run?  I am putting together a new listening room... ready to order.

Is there a pre-order process available for the next run?

Uberchaos

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 06:17:27 AM
I have not heard fro the cabinet shop yet and plan to ping them today.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 12:45:21 PM
It's looking to be a nice dry summer, the perfect time to build and finish some efficient speakers for your killer tube audio system. Attached is a quick pic of the latest Jäger kit cabinet prototype at the factory. We looked at all of the feedback from the beta testers (thanks!) and worked up a couple of minor revisions for the next production run based upon their comments.

The new kit cabinet has two small changes -

firstly, we have revised the mounting for the front panel to use Lamello self clamping connectors. This will make installation of the front panel easier (no hard to turn camlocks that you can only reach through the front baffle, now it just snaps on) and allow for a wee bit of adjustment to compensate for the inevitable tiny variations in the thickness of the Baltic birch ply. The procedure for machining the panels has also been refined a bit to tighten tolerances.

secondly, we will now be trimming the exposed edges with matching birch veneer. This edge banding will give a finished look to the cabinets that is likely to harmonize with a wide range of listening room decor. We will also offer these revised cabinets at a very special price to those early adopters of runs one and two who might wish to switch to banded cabinets.

We're very close to accepting orders for the third run. When we are ready we will announce it here and in the newsletter as well as on our social media platforms. The order period will be a few weeks long so that everyone interested can get the funds together, and we estimate that shipping will begin about four to six weeks after the order period closes.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.