Caucasian Blackplate - where are the tubes?

Rick R · 1569

Offline Rick R

on: September 29, 2010, 09:23:18 AM
It was great to finally get the preamp I purchased, but it won't work without the tubes you were supposed to ship.  The UPS tracking number you sent me shows only that the billing information was sent electronically, but UPS never got the package from you.  Please find the package and take it to UPS.  The preamp looks great, but it uses tubes I don't have.  Also, what is the toggle switch underneath the chassis?  I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 10:59:50 AM
This seems to be regarding some transaction that is not Bottlehead related. I would suggest contacting the seller directly by PM, email, or phone.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jeff

Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 03:45:49 AM
Actually, this message is of great interest to this bottlehead customer. When a frequent poster and contributor to this forum engages in shoddy business practices trading on his reputation here, it is relevant. P.B. has not answered any of my PMs, nor has he responded to my emails. He stole around $40 from me, when i ordered two DL-92 tubes from him based on a thread on this forum. I am not amused, and feel like such things should be a part of the public record here to save other bottlehead customers the aggravation.

It is not my intention to defame anyone, but it becomes alarming when such behavior is swept under the rug because "it is not bottlehead related." Bottlehead becomes complicit when it allows such censure.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 05:40:43 AM
Jeff - Please read the forum rules, specifically the first rule (sign your real name), the third rule (no whiners or name calling), and the last rule ( this is a community, and everyone here is responsible for keeping it friendly and useful) .

You have inflated my suggestion of contacting a seller directly about a purchase that was not from Bottlehead into my practicing some form of censure. I have sympathy for your trying to work out some kind of solution, but I'm not falling for that kind of manipulation.

Rick - I plan to talk to PB today and I will mention your post.

What I can offer about this situation is that PB is works a very busy job and has also been doing a very intensive bit of contract work for me the past couple of months. It may be that he has fallen behind on shipments because of the number of things he has on his plate. It certainly happens to us here at Bottlehead sometimes, and I'm sure it happens to others as well.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.