Schiit Modi Multibit...WOW!

tim273 · 783

Offline tim273

on: February 11, 2021, 12:19:01 PM
I thought about putting this in the Crack forum, but I think it's true across the board.  I have a Crack and I recently got a Schiit Modi Multibit and wow is it a huge improvement.  The music comes alive in a way very similar to listening to vinyl.  There's so much instrument separation and detail along with body.  I was watching a review on Youtube of the Modi-Multibit and he described the sound as "bold" and I can see where he's coming from, it is definitely more driving more like a live concert.

So if anyone is interested in Schiit's multibit DAC's, they are worth it IMHO!

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 12:22:38 PM
May we ask what it is a huge improvement over, i.e., what you were using previously?

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline tim273

Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 12:25:29 PM
Sorry I probably should have mentioned that huh?  I had a Modi 3 so basically switched from a sigma-delta to a multi-bit DAC.  I suppose it's all in what you compare it to.  My full setup consists of Raspberry Pi USB->Schiit Wyrd->Schiit Modi Mulitbit->Schiit Loki (to tone down my really bright headphones)->Crack. 

Everything is the same as before I just switched out the Modi 3 for the multi-bit.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 12:28:11 PM by tim273 »

Offline Deluk

Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 01:23:09 AM
You might have got better performance by using a better matched set of headphones That would have allowed you to take out at least one link of the chain, the Loki. What cans do you think are too bright for you? Have you considered a different set of headphone leads. Yes there is a lot of cable hype even for cans but they can change things. My used set of HD600's came with an extra set of expensive leads from a company in Poland(?) and I found them much too bright in comparison to the Senn ones. Reading some comments I bought a new set of leads of the HD650 type and they are very good, better than the 600 ones. Cheap!