On Sale!

adydula · 5340

Offline adydula

Reply #30 on: March 20, 2018, 03:15:22 PM
I got the kit today and took inventory and started the mechanical part....am short one of those #6 fiber shoulder washers that are used to mount the smaller transformers to the mounting plate and 2 49.9 ohm resistors, got 49k instead.... :>)

no biggie, sent a note to the parts email and got a fast reply from Josh! Thanks for the fast reply...I am continuing on the build and when the washer and resistors arrive it will be a simple install....

Going to paint the main power xfmr top housing a gloss black and tung oil the base. I found some clear Gorilla glue for wood etc that worked well for gluing the sides together.

Cant wait to hear how this amp compares to my Crack!

Alex

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #31 on: March 21, 2018, 04:19:06 AM
Could you post a photo of the 49K resistors?  49K is not a value we stock, but once every 5 to 10 years, the wrong resistor gets ordered or the supplier packs the wrong resistor, so it would be good to see what you have on hand.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline adydula

Reply #32 on: March 21, 2018, 05:22:19 AM
Here ya go....

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #33 on: March 21, 2018, 05:23:04 AM
Josh is aware of the issue. We did get the wrong value and the correct one is on the way.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline adydula

Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 05:24:25 AM
Just saw Doc's post....I also need one of those small #6 fiber shoulder washers to complete the mounting of the second OT3 smaller xfmr...

Thanks!

Alex

Offline jjvornov

Reply #35 on: July 06, 2018, 06:39:31 AM
So it took me 3 months to get around to building the Mainline. All checked out and worked beautifully first time firing it up!

Of course there were a few miswires along the way, but I caught them by carefully checking over the circuit at each step.

So far the sonic quality is as advertised- quite neutral and extended with absolutely silent background and huge amounts of detail. Great for listening deep into the mix on complex pieces of music.

Offline adydula

Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 04:52:43 AM
Congrats on your build. It is really a very nice amp....and builing it yourself is a great experience!

Enjoy!

Alex

Offline Detailer

Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 07:21:54 AM
So it took me 3 months to get around to building the Mainline. All checked out and worked beautifully first time firing it up!

Of course there were a few miswires along the way, but I caught them by carefully checking over the circuit at each step.

So far the sonic quality is as advertised- quite neutral and extended with absolutely silent background and huge amounts of detail. Great for listening deep into the mix on complex pieces of music.
Well done, I hope mine goes as smoothly, ordered yesterday :) (this is my first post here!)
Reports like yours made it easier to pull the trigger.

Offline adydula

Reply #38 on: July 31, 2018, 11:03:09 AM
Just take your time, really pay attention to where what parts need to go on the circuit boards.....check once, check twice!
Good Luck!

Alex

Offline Detailer

Reply #39 on: August 02, 2018, 02:16:45 PM
Doc, can the wooden body be supplied in yellowish oak?
If so how much $ pain will it cause me.

Thanks

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #40 on: August 02, 2018, 06:14:53 PM
We supply the kits with alder bases as shown on our web site. Talk to John Rutter at Harmonic Design Works for a custom base from other material. He mills the bases we use.

http://www.harmonicdesignworks.com

Or just by some oak colored stain.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Detailer

Reply #41 on: August 03, 2018, 01:22:12 AM
Great, thank you.