Stereomour II - how to wire single pair of rca inputs direct to bal pot?

Guest · 781

Deke609

I'll only be using one source to the SII and so won't need to switch between inputs.  I'd like to wire R3 and L3 directly to the balance pot without going through the selector switch -- BUT ONLY IF DOING SO WILL NOT INTERFERE WITH THE MOURQUIET UPGRADE OR THE OTHER TWO UPGRADES (I assume not, but I want to make sure).

Is this OK?  If yes, can someone please tell me to which balance pot tabs I connect the solid brown, striped brown, solid green and striped green striped wires? 

In case this helps: the manual provides that the solid brown wire connects to the ground tab of R3 and terminal 6 of the input selector switch,the brown striped wire connects to the center post of R3 and terminal 3, the solid green connects to the ground tab of L3 and terminal 9, and the striped green connects to the center post of L3 and terminal 12.

many thanks in advance,

Derek

p.s. - I have mechanically installed all rca jacks and the input selector switch, so I will be able to go the swtichable 3 input route in the future if there is a want or need.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
It will be sooo much easier to do the Morquiet upgrade with the selector switch there.

When you have that all built, I can give you some instructions to just jumper the selector switch so it's always set to the third input.  If you ever change your mind, you can just cut the jumpers out and you're good to go.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Deke609

Many thanks Paul.  Easier is good! Once I have the amp with the 3 upgrades up and running, I'll check back with you about how to install the jumper.