Sorry for being a moron. Is this the right part? Eros build

gregoryahunter · 1212

Offline gregoryahunter

I should probably know this - but I'd rather ask than have to remove something I soldered in because Im not very good at removing solder!

The picture in the assembly manual shows a white rectangular box as the "270W 5W wirewound resistor" (pic attached).  I dont have anything like that in my kit.  I have a green 270 Ohm 5W resistor (pic attached).

I assume that the "270W" in the manual is a misstype and the green 270 Ohm resistor that I have is the correct part? 

Thanks in advance

Offline fullheadofnothing

• Global Moderator
  • A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man
Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 04:30:44 AM
Yes

Joshua Harris

I Write the Manuals That Make The Whole World Sing
Kit Packer Emeritus

Offline gregoryahunter

Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:27:15 AM
THANKS!

Offline bsadowski

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 02:57:46 PM
I should probably know this - but I'd rather ask than have to remove something I soldered in because Im not very good at removing solder!

The picture in the assembly manual shows a white rectangular box as the "270W 5W wirewound resistor" (pic attached).  I dont have anything like that in my kit.  I have a green 270 Ohm 5W resistor (pic attached).

I assume that the "270W" in the manual is a misstype and the green 270 Ohm resistor that I have is the correct part? 

Thanks in advance

I also have noticed the same thing and asked the same question in an email to bottlehead wondering if the part was missing in my kit.  So if you are a moron...you're not the only one  :)

Online Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 06:57:23 PM
Yup, that's the correct substitute.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.