Smashquiet voltage/resistance checks?

oguinn · 3111

Offline oguinn

on: April 10, 2019, 04:27:15 PM
I finished the Smashquiet upgrade but noticed there aren’t any resistance or voltage checks. Did I misprint or is there something I should check before firing it up?

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:59:25 PM
It's not going to change any DC voltage readings since it is simply a signal attenuator.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 07:07:35 PM
Makes sense. Wanted to check since most everything else did have some sort of check to complete. I’ll fire ‘er up tomorrow.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 05:44:26 AM
Alright, fired the Smash up this morning. There was some new ringing/jingling in the left channel, but swapping tubes and removing the dampers I bought from Herbie's seemed to have resolved it. In a perfect world I would have been more methodical to understand what the actual cause was but I was excited and had about 20 minutes before my first call.

In any case - the sound out of the fully upgraded Smash is really something. I'm really impressed with the difference the Smashup and SmashQuiet made. It's a little sad it's discontinued! Glad I got one before it went the way of the dodo.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 05:47:11 AM by oguinn »

Jameson O'Guinn

-