Stereomour pleasure

ALL212 · 833

Offline ALL212

on: February 23, 2019, 05:10:49 PM
I've had my Stereomour for a number of years - its the V1.  Last year I converted it to 45's but never really got it anywhere I could listen to it. 

I decided to put together an area that I could evaluate cables and am using that amp to do so.  I ordered some Orca's from Clark but it's taking awhile so I picked up some Polk LSi7's on the cheap from a friend to make do until the Orca's arrive.

I've pretty much sat in my chair for the last three hours just soaking it in.  I've got Buckethead's Colma album and the Electric Sea and Electric Tears albums so it's pretty mellow stuff but very detailed.  I'm really enjoying this.

Aaron Luebke

Offline aragorn723

Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:36:34 AM
What is the silver-faced unit on the left rack?

Dave

Online oguinn

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 10:56:44 AM
Looks like the Schiit Saga preamp.

https://www.schiit.com/products/saga

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline aragorn723

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 01:21:20 PM
Cool!  Is that brand pronounced the way I think it is, like something that is a piece of crap?   8)

Dave

Offline ALL212

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 01:33:25 PM
It is in most circles pronounced exactly as its spelled.  Behind it lies the Schiit Bifrost Dac.  I likes me some Schiit.

A good read on how it all began.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/

I took out the WIMA caps in that Saga and put in Clarity CMR's.

Aaron Luebke

Online oguinn

Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 01:47:51 PM
Their passive switch is called the SYS - Switch Your Schiit

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline aragorn723

Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 03:46:01 PM
How do you like their preamp?  The Mani is a tempting phono preamp for only $129.  Despite the marketing fail with the name Schiit :-p

Dave

Offline aragorn723

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 04:57:35 PM
It is in most circles pronounced exactly as its spelled.  Behind it lies the Schiit Bifrost Dac.  I likes me some Schiit.

A good read on how it all began.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/

I took out the WIMA caps in that Saga and put in Clarity CMR's.

Thanks for the link, looks like it will be fun to read!