Dc, Md, Va mid atlantic bottlehead meet.

castlesteve · 8275

Offline castlesteve

on: October 27, 2009, 11:41:24 AM

Thought i would get a thread going on the new forum to remind all about the meet on Nov 15. If you need directions let me know. We usually start at 9.30- 10.00 and run until  earl evening. I`m almost done with the new Mk2 econowaves and will have them ready for the meet.    Steve.

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 01:57:04 AM
I have the holes done in the front and back panels of the ART arrays.  Now its time to cut the rabbets, cut the holes in the brace, then biscuit join them together.  I may need help getting these things in the door.  I think I will bring a hand truck.

David B Bliss
Bottlehead: Foreplay I, Foreplay III, Paramour I w/Iron Upgrade, S.E.X. w/Iron Upgrade
Speakers: FE127E Metronomes, Jim Griffin Jordan/Aurum Cantus Monitors, ART Arrays
Other: Lightspeed Attenuator, "My Ref" Rev C Amps, Lampucera DAC

Offline castlesteve

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 04:00:06 PM
  That`s great. I`m looking forward to hearing those. Lots of work in them line arrays!

Offline Bodyslam

Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:01:51 PM
Guys,

I won't be in town at the time of your get-together unfortunately. But I'll be in town a couple of weeks later to speak to the Baltimore/Washington DC Metro Area Audio Society (a new club) regarding the Tape Project. It's being held at United Home Audio in Annapolis Junction on Saturday Dec.5 at noon. If you're in the neighborhood, c'mon by and say Hi.

http://www.unitedhomeaudio.com/

Paul Stubblebine
Paul Stubblebine Mastering, San Francisco
The Tape Project, LLC
serious student of the audio arts

Offline RayP

Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 02:31:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the Dec 5 meet. I should be able to make it.

I hope to bring my new SV811-10 amp to the Nov 15 meet and if I can get it to work, my first attempt at a 26 linestage.

ray

Ray Perry

Offline jelx

Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 11:32:55 AM
Steve,

I need directions to the Nov. 15th Mid Atlantic Bottlehead Meet in Sterling, VA.  I live in Wash., DC. 

John Lomas

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 04:19:04 AM
I have the ART Array cabinets assembled.  Just have to install the drivers now and let them break in a few hours before next Sunday.

David B Bliss
Bottlehead: Foreplay I, Foreplay III, Paramour I w/Iron Upgrade, S.E.X. w/Iron Upgrade
Speakers: FE127E Metronomes, Jim Griffin Jordan/Aurum Cantus Monitors, ART Arrays

Offline booangler

• My first love! Not Me... Fishing!!!
Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 02:14:34 PM
I have the ART Array cabinets assembled. 
Hi,

How close are you sticking to the design specs? I am sitting on the fence regarding my next set of speaker, looking at the S.E.X.Y.'s, Pi2, Art Arrays, or some used Klipsch's. I am very interested in your build and the results.

Can those who are attending please post speaker listening observations. I was thinking of making the drive but my daughter is playing in the exceptional senior soccer game that day, and there is a chance the Soccer Coach from Buffalo State will be there to see how she plays.

Cheers,

Alan

The joy of music should never be interrupted by a commercial - Leonard Bernstein

Denon POA | PJCCS Quickie | Hagerman Bugle | SOTA Sapphire w/ Grado Gold | B&W 602

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 03:22:24 PM
I built them using the original dimensions except they are 13.25" deep instead of 13.5" because the guy at the lumber yard didn't cut the plywood where I asked (grrrr).  I built a jig to cut the holes and have created some additional diagrams with specific dimensions for the location of the braces. 

What amps are you considering using them with?

David B Bliss

Offline castlesteve

Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 03:49:48 AM
Steve,

I need directions to the Nov. 15th Mid Atlantic Bottlehead Meet in Sterling, VA.  I live in Wash., DC. 

John Lomas

Directions sent.

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 05:16:36 AM
I veneered the cabinets last night, but don't have any photos.  Here is a picture of the glue up.

David B Bliss

Offline dbishopbliss

Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 02:04:55 AM
These things will be barely broken in on Sunday.

David B Bliss

Offline sterlingjohn

Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 03:32:41 PM
Thank you for sharing the speakers. They were great. Thanks to Steve and everyone for the friendly atmosphere.

Offline Grainger49

Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 01:52:37 AM
Is there a site where pictures and descriptions of the meeting will be posted?

Offline RayP

Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 12:16:49 PM
Photos and some of my impressions are at
http://829b.com/b_2009_11.aspx

Other attendees are welcome to comment.

I will add some stuff to the 6V6 competition site based on our discussions.

ray

Ray Perry