Audimute Peacemaker Isolation Pad

oguinn · 614

Offline oguinn

on: April 25, 2019, 10:32:56 AM
In today's episode of Overkill Theater, I try to reduce the microphony of my Smash's 4P1L tubes with a massive hunk of rubber from Audimute they call an Isolation Pad.

Initial impressions:
  • Drastically reduced the noise I experience from footfalls and other vibrations.
  • As you'd expect, it does nothing for tapping the chassis.
  • It's ugly as hell.
  • It came as a 2' x 2' block that weighs 25 pounds. They recommend using a band saw to cut down to size. That makes sense because using my hacksaw was the most intense workout I've had in years.

Should you try it? Yes, if:
  • You like the "look what I found in the dump" aesthetic of a massive piece of recycled tires. Notice that I classed the joint up a bit by sandwiching it between two slabs of marble.
  • You have a bandsaw.
  • You have $50 sitting around that you don't want to spend on other things. The cheapest slab of granite or quartz counter top remnant I could find was $65 locally, so this was a better deal (especially since shipping was free).
  • You are tired of ringing caused by things like walking around on hardwood floors.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:55:00 AM by oguinn »

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball