Time for some changes!

Doc B. · 1105

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: May 03, 2019, 06:02:12 AM
We've been keeping somewhat quiet about an upcoming change this year. Our Bottleheadquarters on Bainbridge Island has been an awesome space for the past 8 years. But as we have evolved the business we are finding that the space is not as functional for us as it used to be. As we have transitioned from our involvement in the Tape Project as a second gig to service and restoration of Nagra gear and other studio gear we have need for more of a creative and technical space and less of a fancy doctor's office/showroom. So we are planning a move and have given our notice. The community on the island has been great and we plan to stay connected as much as possible. In fact I just donated my Hammond organ and Leslie speaker to Rolling Bay Hall, an upcoming venue on BI that is booking some really interesting acts.

We have two space options potentially available to us at the moment, and we're waiting for some more info to come to us in the next few days before we decide which way we will go. Either choice will be closer to our home, which is a nice thing as our 12 mile commute was taking as much as an hour some days.

I'm announcing this mostly to let people know that we are trying to plan things as carefully as possible to avoid any disruption of our shipping schedule. So far things are going quite well and we have mapped out the next few weeks. If we run into any delays we will let everyone know ASAP, and we thank you in advance for your understanding.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 05:19:10 PM
An update -

We think we got the space we wanted - Yay! We should be moving to a warehouse type space in Twelve Trees Business Park in Poulsbo. It's nearly the size of the space we are in now, but a much better layout for a packing setup and a lab setup. And our commute will be 9 minutes on back roads! We're fantasizing about riding bikes (motor and pedal) to work.

However, there is a hitch. We have to leave our space in Coppertop Park by May 25th, and the new space will not be available until August 1st. So we will be operating skeleton style for a couple of months, with the packing setup temporarily moved back to the old packing room in our basement at home. Everything else will be in storage.

We have not had any play time off since last October, so we will probably schedule a vacation in June. And of course we will be headed to Bonneville at the end of August. In the work time around those dates we will move a ton of stuff and also keep the kits flowing. The tape path kits all shipped out yesterday, Eros 2 kits should start shipping by the end of next week, and we have Jager cabinets in production. And did you see that we have Crack kits in stock, ready to ship?

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Hank Murrow

• Potter loving music and tubes....
    • Hank Murrow's World of Ceramics
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 10:57:51 AM
Congratulations to Doc and the Queen & Co;

I look forward to a visit once things are settled.

Good Luck on the salt!

Cheers! Hank in Eugene

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 06:16:13 AM
Just a reminder that we are vacating our current office and will be setting up a temporary place to work while we wait a couple months for our new space. We're gonna have our heads down this week as we grind away at getting all of the s**t outta here and into storage by Friday, so apologies in advance if we are less responsive than usual. I think I am an inch shorter after packing and moving about 60 boxes of records, tapes and books. Don't even want to talk about dismantling and moving seven sets of Expedit shelving...

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 04:51:16 AM
We made it out of Coppertop! Queenie and I spent the last couple days attempting to recover from two weeks of butt busting moving that was completed Saturday. Thanks to those who helped - Kelvin, Terry, Michael, Mike and PB! Today we will start to pull together our temporary operation in our basement, just like the old days. We hope to be up and running by week's end. Bear with us for a bit while we unpack stuff and find everything. Holy crap we have a lot of stuff, filled two large storage units and even with that we can barely move through our house with the stuff we need here for work.

Among the upcoming shipments will be the Jager kits that were ordered. We are awaiting a pickup date for the cabinet panels from the cabinet shop. Once I know that I will let everyone know when we think we will begin shipping those kits. Other kits should be packing and shipping just as soon as we get set back up.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.