I'm so pumped

oguinn · 933

Offline oguinn

on: August 20, 2019, 09:00:15 AM
Just received my Kaiju and started unpacking it so I can get the metal bits powder coated. I won't be able to build it until we figure out where we're moving and then actually move, but excited nonetheless.

Also, that freaking power transformer nearly gave me a hernia!

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline pduk

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 10:07:21 AM
Enjoy building it, it certainly is a beast! Nice to see another ODAC user, I still use mine with my crack but use the Mytek Brooklyn with the Kaiju. Let us know how it goes  :)

Offline Tom-s

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 10:12:16 AM
It has to be ready for the house warming! ;-)!
Enjoy the build! Cant wait for the pics on your website.

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 10:34:59 AM
I'd LOVE to have it built before we move, but I think it's safer for it to remain in the Queen's excellent packing job instead of wrapping a completed one up instead.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline oguinn

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 10:37:20 AM
Enjoy building it, it certainly is a beast! Nice to see another ODAC user, I still use mine with my crack but use the Mytek Brooklyn with the Kaiju. Let us know how it goes  :)

Did you notice a big enough difference with the new DAC to recommend it? I hear varying opinions about whether upgrading DACs past a certain point is even worth it. I'm pretty happy with my current pair of DACs.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline pduk

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 03:38:31 AM
Did you notice a big enough difference with the new DAC to recommend it?
I did, yes, though that wasn't the original reason for getting the Brooklyn - that was because I wanted to experience MQA (which I've concluded is snake oil, I've switched from Tidal to Qobuz hi res streaming). The Brooklyn is more "musical" to my ears (subjectively speaking) though of course much more costly.