Mainline video review

Doc B. · 4892

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: February 21, 2020, 05:46:12 AM
Lachlan Fennen - Loquah to his fellow bottleheads - has been putting out some outstanding equipment reviews and interviews for the past couple of years on his Passion for Sound YouTube channel. We have been honored with a very nice and what I would consider quite accurate assessment of the Mainline. Thanks Lachlan!

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Deke609

Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 08:23:39 AM
That's a great review. Lachlan seems like an ideal tester/reviewer for the new ES amp.

cheers, Derek

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 09:42:08 AM
He's the one with that really nice blue anodized top plate! I love that look.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Raymond P.

Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:42:18 AM
That's a good review of the Mainline. I completely concur with his comparison to solid state amps. I recently aquired a well regarded SS headphone amp + dac combo and was thinking that a comparison with it to the Mainline would yield immediate and obvious differences. But, nope! If I concentrate and focus hard on certain aspects of the music, then I could detect very subtle differences...at least I think I could.

Raymond P.

Offline Loquah

• Accidental Tube Addict
    • Passion For Sound
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 10:29:59 AM
Thanks for sharing, Doc!

The Mainline performs so much better than anyone ever seems to expect when put up next to SS amps - it's really amazing.

Check out my reviews on YouTube - https://youtube.com/c/passionforsound