Right now more than ever

Doc B. · 1252

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
on: March 30, 2020, 09:59:56 AM
I hope everyone is getting full use of their system while we are mostly all on quarantine. We are giving heavy rotation to our "work songs", the stuff we play when we are packing kits. And man have we been packing kits. The two of us are hammering out 10 or more kits each day, and will keep up this pace as long as our suppliers can keep getting parts to us. Things are pretty tough for some of those suppliers right now and we ask that everyone have a little patience as we look at some delays here and there getting parts. We understand that folks are getting a little antsy and we are doing our best to get orders filled ASAP. There are some delays with tubes and sockets as well as transformers. They will get packed into kits and shipped as soon as they arrive over the next week or two. At the moment we are working through more of the Crack birthday sale orders. Stereomour and SEX kits will be shipping as soon as some transformers and tubes arrive, as will other kit orders.

Still at the top of my charts is Skip MacDonald, aka Little Axe. Right now his songs Living and Sleeping in a Dangerous Time and All in the Same Boat are particularly appropriate - as is Factory Girl when Queenie is out in the warehouse boxing up kits.

Let us know what music is keeping you up and positive these days.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Jay

Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 04:07:12 PM
My wife and I are both "front line" workers (mental health). It's crazy out there! We have been de-stressing every night with good music.  Digging through the vinyl for things we haven't heard for a while.  Heck, tonight we listened to Peter Frampton!  It's not esoteric, but it sure transported us back to simpler times.  So, anyway, thanks Doc for the good sounds (Eros , Stereomour II).  Consider yourself to be part of what is keeping us in the game.

Jay

Jay L.

Offline 2wo

• Test
Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:29 PM
The music helps a lot. I am a service engineer for hospital blood  analyzers. we are on a war footing...John

John Scanlon

Offline Natural Sound

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 08:53:54 AM
I'm not able to play music higher than background levels during the day. I'm on conference calls most of the time.

Last night however I fired up some classic Bottlehead gear. 24bit Jazz at the Pawnshop on the music server>DAC>Extended Foreplay III>Paramour II 45's>Classic Orca's & Subs=Bliss.

Online oguinn

Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 09:12:27 AM
I'm receiving my Jager kit any minute now. I'm torn because I'd really like to get them built and enjoy them, but I'd also planned to make it a project my dad and I could work on together. Not really possible in the current climate.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Cary

Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 09:20:33 AM
Dusted off my Foreplay 2, I am using it in my secondary system with a Motorola EL84 and and a pair of Visonik David 50 speakers. This combo sounds great.

I am also playing with my Lionel trains.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 09:12:27 AM by Cary »

Offline dave-tx

Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 01:11:59 PM
I just added a Cambridge Audio CXN streamer to my Bottlehead system so that I can play music files from my computer to the main system.  I do a lot of live music collecting, so my only sources for those are computer files.  So far it sounds great and is super convenient.  Nice addition to the otherwise vinyl-only system.