Inductor leads

oguinn · 1699

Offline oguinn

on: March 31, 2020, 02:22:49 PM
I understand the inductors don't have polarity, however I'm having a hell of a time getting the leads to reach the eyelets at all in any configuration. So far I've had to heat the solder up and push about 1/16" of the lead into the molten solder. that can't be good. Could I run some wire to the leads or is there another method?

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline oguinn

Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 02:38:26 PM
Man, now it seems like the other 0.22 inductor won't reach both leads at all.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 03:56:39 PM
They are a bit tight, but they should fit.

If all else fails, you can add some wire onto the ends to get them into the crossover board.

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline oguinn

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 03:59:39 PM
Thanks, Paul. I assume it’s pretty important those inductors are at 90 degree angles to one another, right? I think I can get one in there without extending the leads but it sits in there a little askew.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Offline Jamier

Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 06:50:35 PM
Jameson, can you relocate the eyelet (terminal) so that everything that needs to connect to it will fit while having the inductors properly oriented?

Jamie

James Robbins

Offline oguinn

Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 04:38:04 AM
Not really, no, Jamie. Not without re-drilling the wood crossover board and getting new eyelets. It seems like the wire extension worked well since the board passed its test.

Now to find my good wire strippers...

Jameson O'Guinn

-