help

abaloghtesla · 1638

Offline abaloghtesla

on: March 07, 2020, 07:19:54 AM
I am tired and disgusted with my reduction 11 preamp. I am all done and quite frankly tired of troubleshooting this gem. 1. I powered this on, nothing happened, no bells or whistle except the power transformer get real hot that you cannot touch. I checked the voltages on a previous test for Power transformer tests and o but after that from voltages checks elsewhere I get nothing. I re-checked everything around the transformer ckts and ok. I do not know if I have some bad diodes.

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 07:29:11 AM
Can you post some photos of your builds? 

In 25+ years, I am unaware that we have ever seen any diodes that are just bad out of the box. 

How were your resistance checks?  If you do the power transformer test now, what AC voltages do you get?

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline abaloghtesla

Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 02:42:22 PM
All resistance measurements from 43 to 54 are about as on instructions . Initial test of transformer gave  me 9.8 v and 143 volts. Thats where all readings stop. i have no readings for 44, 50,52 etc---note the transformer get so hot you cannot touch it  I did find that i had wire 61 going to n47 instead of going to 46. I fixed that and still no good---I do not have any B+

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 03:10:37 PM
You'll need to post some build photos.

-PB

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Offline abaloghtesla

Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 04:00:52 PM
If i knew how to post my build photos I would

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 04:43:45 PM
When you reply to this post, there's some orange text that says "Attachments and other options" and you can use this to attach photos to your posts.

Paul "PB" Birkeland