Lead times, shipping status, etc. during self-isolation

Doc B. · 524

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
We're starting to get calls asking if we can suddenly cut two to four weeks off of delivery times. The general answer is sorry, we wish we could but it's not possible. We do ship kits as soon as all the parts come into our warehouse to be kitted up. At the moment we are working on getting some Stereomour II orders out for which we received tubes this morning. Eros, S.E.X. and a great big pile of Crack orders from the recent sale are starting to get kitted while some wood bases and transformers a few other things get finished up by our suppliers. Other kits can be ordered and delivered at the usual pace of three to five weeks delivery, assuming our suppliers continue to deliver at their typical rate.

With the new social distancing lifestyle we expected customers to inquire about getting something in a hurry to keep them busy and with that in mind we did a quick overview this morning to see if we might have any kit that we could get out in much quicker than normal time frame. We got lucky and it looks like we could ship 5 Reduction phono preamp kits by early next week if a couple of parts arrive on schedule. So if you are thinking about building a kit to occupy your time while you're hunkered down the next few weeks a Reduction phono preamp can get to you reasonably quickly. Of course if this thing goes the way the experts are predicting, you might want to order a kit even if it takes four weeks to ship...

As far as our situation, we are very healthy and happy. Eileen is forcing me to accept that I am an old fart regardless of how good I feel and thus in one of the more susceptible age groups. We are alone in our office and we are pretty much just going back and forth from home to work without any outside contact. We've cut out the extracurricular things and the only people we have seen today have been two delivery people who were wearing masks, stayed ten feet away and did not require us to sign their DIADs. So we are well isolated. My hands are getting chapped from washing them and our doorknobs are probably the most germ free they have ever been.

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline Doc B.

• Administrator
    • Bottlehead
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 01:07:38 PM
A brief update - so far so good with deliveries from our vendors. We continue to hammer away at orders. Today we are continuing work on the zillion Cracks from the birthday sale, which started to ship last week. Also a Jager kit is almost ready to ship, a couple of Tube Repros are completed and being burned in before shipment and Stereomour, S.E.X., Eros and power cord kits are being prepped while we await some more parts for them. The Reductions ordered last week are shipping today as promised. It looks like we could ship two one more by week's end if you are dying for a kit to work on right away.

We've been keeping to ourselves, with only occasional trips for groceries and one brief trip to Home Depot to pick up painting supplies. In other words, life is pretty much as usual. I'm about 2/3 of the way through scraping the exterior of our two story house after spending all weekend at it. My arms seem to be about 20 lbs. heavier than normal today.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 01:09:38 PM by Doc B. »

Dan "Doc B." Schmalle
President For Life
Bottlehead Corp.

Offline oguinn

Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 02:27:11 PM
Ooooh I wonder if that Jager is mine! Got the new listening space set up today, so looking forward to some new speakers to match.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball

Offline Rocketman248

Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 08:26:04 PM
Great looking setup!  I can tell you from experience that you're going to love the Eros/BeePre/Kaiju/Jager combo.  Loving the hell out of mine.  Got a few of the power cord kits on order right now, so I'm looking forward to that next step up.

Nick DeBrita
Yokosuka, Japan