International power cords

WK3K · 351

Offline WK3K

• Beginning to see the light...
on: March 24, 2020, 11:09:50 AM
New kits with universal power transformers still require European users to provide their own power cord — I searched the forum and wasn't able to pull anything up, so does anyone have a recommendation for a power cord? There's no shortage of cheapo cords on Amazon, but since upgrading this seems to matter for folks (thinking of the bottlehead power cord kit) I'm wondering if anyone has experience with a favorite brand or model.

Thanks y'all!

Witold

Rega P3-24 w/ Rega Exact > Eros II> Quickie w/PJCCS > Stereomour II w/ DC filament supply > Blumenstein Orca Mini/Max 2.1

MacBook > Grace SDAC > Crack w/ Speedball > Sennheiser HD6XX

Offline oguinn

Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:59:40 AM
The stock one Bottlehead sends is from Monoprice, I believe. It’s a sturdy power cable but nothing crazy. For what it’s worth, I haven’t found a noticeable difference using the Bottlehead power cable kit except that it looks much cooler. Your mileage may vary.

All that is to say, find an affordable, sturdy power cable for the time being. You can upgrade if that path makes sense for you.

Jameson O'Guinn

-

Main System: Schiit Bifrost MB, Rega Planar 6 with Exact cartridge, Eros 2, BeePre, Kaiju/Stereomour II, Jagers, Mainline

Desktop System: Crack with Speedball