Volume question [resolved]

tubenoob · 1018

Offline tubenoob

on: April 18, 2020, 02:46:43 PM
I've had my Crack up and running for a few weeks now thanks to the assistance that I've received here.  I've added the Speedball upgrade without issue and honestly couldn't be happier with the sound.  I'm noticing details in music that I've listened to for years that I've never heard.  That being said, I am noticing a minor issue with the volume control that I'll do my best to explain here.  There seems to be a bit of a dead spot (for lack of better words) in the volume control.  Zero on my volume control is in roughly the 7 o'clock position.  As I advance up to about the 11 o'clock position volume increases as expected; however, from the 11 o'clock position up to about 3 o'clock, I get little if any volume increase.  At no time is static or channel imbalance and issue.  Any ideas?  Any advice is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 04:01:52 PM by tubenoob »

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 03:24:01 PM
That's pretty normal. Most "logarithmic" volume controls are actually composed of two linear segments that approximate a logarithmic curve, so there's a big shift in the dB per degree, right in the middle of the range.

Paul Joppa

Offline tubenoob

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 04:01:14 PM
That's pretty normal. Most "logarithmic" volume controls are actually composed of two linear segments that approximate a logarithmic curve, so there's a big shift in the dB per degree, right in the middle of the range.

Ah ok. As stated, the sound quality is everything I expected and more.  I was just concerned that I had done something wrong when wiring the pot.  I appreciate the response.