monAmours up and running

6stringblues · 3417

Offline 6stringblues

on: May 01, 2020, 04:16:52 AM
Well I did my final fire up, and hum adjustment this morning. ;D hooked up to some speakers and off we go! The amps sound great! at leas as much as my room will allow at the moment. The room is a big echo chamber, no carpeting,drapes or sound treatment, So things on that end need lots of attention. I have sound treatments on the way.
I still need to finish off my bases, stain and what not, but that is a small task.

Offline 6stringblues

Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 11:19:41 AM
I am wondering, do you have the power consumption rating for the MonAmore?

Thanks

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 11:49:33 AM
Hello,
I do not have a Monamour but if you multiply the line voltage by the fuse rating, that will give you the absolute max wattage draw for the amp.
for example assuming 120Vac and a 1 amp fuse the max watts would be 120 watts. but in reality the amp probably draws 1/2 that.
another ting you can do is disconnect the hot lead from the power entry module, set your meter to amps AC plug the leads into the meter in the amp position connect probe clips on hot tab on pem and other to the wire you disconnected then plug in amp.
wait a while for the amp to warm up and read the meter.
Hope this was of help.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:52:19 AM by Thermioniclife »

Lee R.

Offline Thermioniclife

Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 11:59:45 AM
Sorry I forgot the last step,
After getting the amp reading then multiply line voltage by amp reading and viola, watts draw.
for example 120 vac  and 500ma would tell you that the draw is 60 watts.

Lee R.

Offline Paul Joppa

• Global Moderator
Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 12:43:20 PM
Actually that would be volt-amps, which are not exactly the same as watts.

It's amps you want to choose the fuse, so volt-amps are useful. But the fuse will usually blow on the start-up transient current unless there's a substantial margin. So fuses are chosen in practice by trial and error.

Paul Joppa