help

abaloghtesla · 705

Offline abaloghtesla

on: May 22, 2020, 02:39:53 PM
I am going to make this real simple before i get into something awful. What are the 130 ohm 2 watt metal film resistors test on the ohmmetr. I have 4 of them in the ckt and all four test open, one with a digital and one with a logarithic meter yet one sie of my ckt test good with the in and the other

I am not too swift on using this forum----anyway what should a 130 ohm 2 watt metal film resistor  test in an ohmmeter----I tested open on two different test gear. By the way its a stereomore11

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 02:42:34 PM
You may have a tough time getting a good reading with the resistors installed in the amp.

If they blow for some reason, you will know it!

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man

Offline abaloghtesla

Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 03:16:24 PM
I have one completely pulled from the amp and it test the same---zero. As I said, I did pull one side of each remaining resistor ckt and it tested like the one i pulled from the ckt in its entirily. With two of these resitors in the ckt the A side appears to  work(tube lit etc , except for the heat sink transistor( they are really hot). If I should be getting a reading on these( like i think i should) and I do not then i am in a world of deep electrons

Offline Paul Birkeland

• Global Moderator
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2020, 03:45:04 PM
Zero is not open.

I cannot help you debug an amp that is pulled apart. 

Paul "PB" Birkeland

Bottlehead Grunt & The Repro Man